Resources for Students
If you plan on presenting a poster at either the Undergraduate or Graduate Conference, here are a few poster examples and templates to best format and display your research information:
- Poster size requirements: Poster dimensions must not exceed 4’ x 3’ (48”x36”). If using the Poster & Printing Services at the Buley Library, please refer to their sizes and pricing.
- Poster templates:
- Library Learning Resources Center: Read poster printing deadlines or view tips and resources.
If you plan on presenting your research during a roundtable discussion at either the Undergraduate or Graduate Conference, here are a few suggestions to best exhibit your research information:
If you plan on orally presenting your research at either the Undergraduate or Graduate Conference, here are a few notes to best present your research information:
Presentations should be no longer than 10-15 minutes – Q&A is included in this 15 min. time period
If you are using PowerPoint or similar, please bring your presentation in PowerPoint format with you on a USB. Be sure to have a backup copy easily available to yourself just in case
- View tips for giving an oral presentation (pdf).
To make the most out of your experience here at Southern, there are a variety of departments and offices available to you. Here are a few departments/offices that you might find helpful during the duration of your research:
- School of Graduate Studies, Research, and Innovation (GSRI)
- Sponsored Programs and Research (SPAR)
To stay up-to-date with submission and registration dates and deadlines, important opportunities, and even upcoming events, make sure to follow these social media handles and use the #ShowOffYourResearch hashtag when attending the either conference: