Southern Connecticut State University and Housatonic Community College have created a unique opportunity for students who seek to obtain a four-year degree. This pilot program was created to support higher levels of degree attainment by increasing support for transfer students, removing the barriers of location, and reducing the financial impact for students while continuing their associate degree program requirements.
Southern Connecticut State University will offer a series of course options on the campus of Housatonic (HCC) which will be delivered by Southern faculty. The course offerings will satisfy requirements for a Southern Connecticut State University bachelor’s degree. Students enrolled in a TAP (Transfer Ticket) or transferable degree program are eligible to enroll in a maximum of two designated and approved courses in addition to their existing course load at HCC.
- Must have a 2.0 GPA or better
- Students must be enrolled in a TAP (Transfer Ticket) or transferable degree program.
- Students who have earned an Associate’s Degree or higher are not eligible.
- Students are eligible for a total of two courses through this program. Withdrawals from a course after add/drop will be counted as a course taken.
- Students enrolled in Southern courses will adhere to Southern policies for add/drop, withdrawal, finals, etc. Click Here to visit the Registrars calendar for add drop information.
Students participating in the SCSU@HCC pilot program will receive a full SCSU Grant equivalent to the cost of tuition and fees associated with the approved list of courses. Books are not covered by the grant. For information on required books, please visit the university bookstore.
Students will be contacted by a Southern Advisor 3-5 days after they have applied to discuss the details of the program, verify eligibility, discuss course selection and complete registration (by the advisor). The Southern Advisor will need a copy of your Degree Works evaluation or a copy of your unofficial transcript to verify eligibility & pre-requisite completion. Once eligibility is confirmed, the Southern Advisor will register the student. Students do not register themselves.
- SCSU is unable to provide overrides for closed classes.
- Students may secure a SCSU ID card from the University Card Office and are able to utilize all services available to visiting students with the Hoot Loot card.
- Students participating in the SCSU@HCC pilot program are required to utilize Southern's policies and procedures with regard to academic concerns. Southern faculty will utilize their syllabi or BlackBoard to communicate office hours. Students seeking to confer with a dean or department chair may call or visit the SCSU campus. Students should utilize other support services at HCC as their home institution.
- Students who need to visit Southern can park in the Wintergreen Avenue Garage (WTG) or Lot 9 (P-9). Visit Campus Map and Directions.
For additional information, please contact us.